Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another Day, Another Joint

A short poem about my day.
Another Day, Another Joint - Daren Thompson

I rouse this morning to missed call after call but I was unable to call back.
I looked in my wallet
I was low on my cash
I forgot to pay my phone bill
So I am forced to contemplate whether to get dressed or chill
No texting, no calling, no school, no work, no nothin'
But I almost forgot. I still have a little somethin'
Now I may not smoke tobacco and destroy my lungs
Just Another Day, Another Joint for when I'm too far-flung
Another Swisher, Another blunt of this purplish-green bud
Inhale and exhale. Now everything seems so fun
Reality is pain and everyone needs a break
So when you wake from your sleep
Wake--and--bake
Another Day, Another Joint.
Oh yes, Another Joint.
It eases the mind.
Am I making my point?

“That is not a drug. It’s a leaf.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger 

"Smoking herb reveals you to yourself." – Bob Marley

"The War on Drugs has been an utter failure. We need to rethink and decriminalize our marijuana." - Barack Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment